The CLOtest* Rapid Urease Test is recognized by medical professionals as the “Gold Standard” among urease tests because of its accuracy, convenience and affordability. CLOtest Rapid Urease Test was developed by Barry Marshall, M.D. who, along with Robin Warren, M.D., was the first to discover the correlation between Helicobacter pylori and gastric ulcers. Today, CLOtest Rapid Urease Test has become the most widely used rapid urease test worldwide for the diagnosis of H. pylori.
One of the most common chronic infections worldwide, H. pylori is associated with 95% of duodenal ulcers and 80% of gastric ulcers. Clinical studies have shown that eradicating H. pylori is effective in eliminating or reducing the recurrence of ulcers and may also lower the risk of gastric cancer. The National Institutes of Health recommends testing for H. pylori in all patients with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
CLOTEST RAPID UREASE TEST FEATURES:
• 98% sensitivity and 97% specificity
• Diagnosis of 75% of H. pylori infections with no false positives within 20 minutes
• Bacteriostatic agent in gel to ensure a lower incidence of false positives
• Easy to read color changes
• CLIA waived
• Less expensive diagnosis than culture or histology
NB. CLOtest is available from Hart Biologicals Ltd in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland only
* Registered Trademark or Trademark of Halyard Health, Inc.