Hart Biologicals is engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sales and marketing of a range of "in-vitro" diagnostic products for use in the detection, prevention, and monitoring of a number of medical conditions related to haemostasis and platelet function. The company provides innovative and quality medical products to meet the needs of an ever-changing healthcare field. Hart Biologicals employs 44 people and is located in the North East of England in Hartlepool.
Due to internal promotion and the end of a temporary contract we are currently looking for a permanent full-time Research Scientist to undertake Research and Development projects and investigations on novel or improved reagents to further the position of the Company as a market leader in the field of in vitro diagnostic of Haemostasis and platelet aggregation.
Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Document all aspects of research and investigations, results and conclusions in a clear and concise manner using electronic storage for final write up and laboratory notebooks/files for interim storage.
- Perform practical laboratory tasks for Design History/Technical Files and for the investigation of technical issues as directed by the Head of Research and Development
- Develop documentation relating to the handover of research projects to the customer, this can include manufacturing, quality control and health and safety documentation.
- Ensure all Quality System and Health & Safety requirements of Hart Innovations are complete, adequately maintained and up to date.
- Prioritise and manage tasks to meet defined time scales.
- Use own initiative when required.
- Liaise with other departments to maintain productive working environment.
- Support work experience and internship students.
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety/COSHH requirements as directed.
- Laboratory experience
- Experimental design
- Micro pipetting
- Some experience with Chromatography systems (HPLC/FPLC) desired but not mandatory
- Experience in Haemostasis desired but not mandatory
As a member of the Equality Register, Hart Biologicals is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all communities.
Closing date for applications 22nd September 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year